Complete Packages - What Is Included
We know getting your first tarantula or two (or three) :-) brings some uncertainty, but we want to make it as stress-free and enjoyable for you as we can!
We will send you a complete habitat that will be good for at least 6 weeks and a two week food supply! Most spiderlings will not need to be re-housed for 3 months or so. We are also going to guarantee the health of your tarantula for 30 days. Please use the habitat and substrate we provide for at least the first 30 days. Using another habitat will void the guarantee.
If anything happens to your spiderling, we will replace it at no cost*. We will email you a Spiderling Care booklet that is chock-full of information and will cover any questions you might have about how to care for your spiderling. This booklet was written by Tom Moran of Tom's Big Spiders and we are happy to be able to share it with you. You will also be able to ask as many questions as you want (you'll have my personal cell phone number). We want you to be happy with your new pet and to enjoy the hobby as much as we do! *Shipping not included. *One replacement.
If the spiderling is under 1", you may receive a large vial in addition to a habitat. The large vial should be used first until your spiderling reaches about 1".
What is included:
- A crystal clear habitat that will be appropriately sized for the species you ordered. You will not need to re-house your spiderlings for at least six weeks, usually longer.
- If your spiderlings is under an inch, we MAY include a medium sized vial as well as a larger crystal clear habitat to house your spiderlings in until it reaches an inch or so. Using a vial for smaller spiderlings is beneficial because you will be able to find it quickly and check on it better.
- Silk foliage appropriate for the particular species you chose. We may also include a bit of sphagnum moss if it is suitable for your spiderling.
- A two-week supply of food. We will include enough appropriately sized red runner (Blatta Lateralis) roaches to feed your spiderlings for at least two weeks. We will also include instructions on how to care for your roaches during that time.*** Unfortunately we cannot include this in orders shipping to Florida.
- A Spiderling Care Guide in .pdf format. This will answer all your questions related to raising up a spiderlings. It is written by Tom of Tom’s Big Spiders. We have a great appreciation for his ability to share information from his personal experience.
- A 30 day guarantee as described above.
Q: What will void the 30 day Guarantee?
A: 1. You must follow the guidelines for delivery. If you do not pick up your package within 2 hours of it being available, then the 30 day guarantee will be void. If you are not home (for home deliveries) for the first delivery attempt, then the 30 day guarantee will be void.
2. If you use a habitat other than what we provide or add something we did not provide to the habitat, the 30 day guarantee will be void.
Q: But .. how do I take care of the feeder roaches?